Goes To Our Homepage
Macy's Promotional Banner 468x60

Sunday, June 11, 2006

BRAG YOUR BAG COLLECTION (One guy has it all)

Finally, another step to putting an end to the counterfeiting designer merchandise trade. Fendi (part of the LVMH group) is suing Walmart and Sam's Club stores for "allegedly selling handbags, shoulder bags, purses, wallets and key chains that imitate the designs of the Fendi products and that bear reproductions, counterfeits, copies or colorable imitations of the Fendi trademarks." The merchandise were said to be selling for as much as 68% off real store prices.

Way to go. Also last week, I was told that a raid was conducted somewhere in our own town in Baclaran to wipe out all counterfeit LV bags... Now this I'm not sure of the news' accuracy, but the abovementioned lawsuit was filed last June 9 in New York (for more on that story, check out MSNBC website)

Sigh, what really bothered me the most about the counterfeit designer trade industry was that they use children to make these things, and underpay them. Sure, the idea behind "who are you really fooling" when you use a fake designer bag is annoying, but the main point is, who are these industry players USING to make their bags? That is what bothers me the most.

Copy the style and all, sure ok, that just basically says you have no sense of originality, but geez have the decency NOT to copy the brandname as well. Sigh... this is a pretty frustrating battle I guess, one that would probably be overcome but not won.

Anyway enough said about counterfeits and all. This might just ruin our week altogether. Perhaps I am just in a foul mood because I am sick (yeah that's right. Cough and all, thank you).

So I will part with this one shot that's enough to stun anyone who reads this post (me included).

BRAG BAGS HOLLER: JP you are one awesome LV collector. Someday when I win the lottery, I will be able to accumulate as much as you. :)

Everyone else : DROOOOOOOOL!!!!! :-P~~~~~

P.S. Today is my parents' wedding anniversary (if only my Dad were still here)... Soo happy thoughts for today... :-) Smile! And if you are carrying an authentic designer bag, carry it proudly today :)

xo

3 Comments:

Anonymous patrickkk said...

now that's what i call a shiiitload! oh my god...

i tote my smelly vintage speedy at home HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :P

9:49 PM  
Anonymous char said...

I know what they mean about counterfeit and similar designs..I took pictures of these Fendi and Chloe inspired bags at Walmart...

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/636/z365152226wu.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3083/z365147792ud.jpg

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just got a beautiful balenciaga men's voyage in encre, it's got this amazing color. also looking forward to getting the new men's messenger in truffle.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home