Goes To Our Homepage
Macy's Promotional Banner 468x60

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Neiman Marcus FIRST CALL SALE!!

SALE SALE SALE ALERT!! Neiman Marcus announces the first day of its First Call Sale where you can save as much as 50% on selected items!

Cases in point (although we wish they were really 50% off!):

Bulga flap satchel in gold: This yummy bag was priced at US$405, and now it's reduced to US$304! You want bling, you can carry bling!! A really good alternative to the pricier metallic designer bags like Fendi, Chanel.

Kate Spade black canvas with green leather trim from the Easton collection: Now this bag is pretty. I am so partial to green, this is such a clever combination. Black body canvas works well for people who can't really maintain their bags clean (like me). Now if the bag had a green canvas body, I would not have recommended it. Priced now at US$184 (from original amount of US$245). Not a bad price at all for this bag!! This bag gets my stamp of approval because its design transcends trends and time (pretty basic!).

Cynthia Vincent leather studded bag: Set with rose- gold hardware and has stud details as well as a snap- down bow. I like the way the bag looks. In fact, I like ribbons and I like the way this bag slouches. For US$409 (down from US$545), it's a pretty decent buy.

Burberry embossed metallic hobo: Call me tacky if you want, but oooooh yummy!! Hats off to this electric blue (actually referred to as sapphire blue) hobo in embossed python leather! You can't really ask for more with this bag-- the brand itself is already two thumbs up, and the choice of color-- well, it's a great picker upper. It gives the word "feeling blue" a totally new meaning. So, you feelin' blue? Get this bag! :) *Sure beats getting that patent blue B.Fendi bag :D* Priced at US$487 (from US$697).

Sigh, it's tough to face sales when you have to undergo retail withdrawal *bawl* but such is life. Thank you Neiman Marcus for making life easy on us townfolk-- NOT! :D

On another note, I was lucky enough to have finished my article for CarloT. in time-- otherwise I'd be drowning in my work and not be able to sniff out the good buys at Neiman *tsk I think I should've just been immersed in my work and should've ignored Neiman.... NAH* hehe...

Anyway over the weekend (Mother's Day), we attended the wedding of a distant cousin (I wish we were really more closely related haha! Beautiful flowers, beautiful setup, and tsk, my, oh my!! All that bling! And I, the pauper relative *let's not even attempt to go into specifics or I'll just get depressed haha*). It was an awesome wedding-- the whole town was invited (practically!!) and we had a great dinner at Makati Shang, worthy of a mention in Zagat *woohoo*. It has been THAT long since I had haute cuisine... well, mass haute cuisine. Well put it this way, no one wants to treat me and we are just too cheap to pay for good food *muwahaha freeloading couple alert!!!*

Kidding aside, I was able to capture this photo at the wedding. The Philippines' most powerful "couple" cruising the friendly Philippine skies :D OK, I don't care for politics (and you can spare me from any political debate. This photo is just pure fun fun fun, and I don't know them both personally-- *ok, let me be the social climber and say, Oh yes I know them well and I am well connected *PUKE!!* muwahahaha*), but I would totally appreciate owning a fleet of airplanes *aka financial freedom* any day :) *wouldn't you?*

P.S. I managed to pick up 2 pairs of ballet flats at the Schu sale. I do know ShampHag JenT got herself 2 pairs too (which I shall see in a bit), but did anyone else snatch up Schu footsies as well?

P.P.S. a. This just in! Our very own bag hag MBS is expecting her 2nd baby :) She found out she was 7 weeks preggy today-- in her words "I will be needing a new diaper bag again." Ohh and we could not have been happier for her. Congratulations MBS!!! Psst, and ease up on the steak-- if you are gonna have some, bring me along!!! *muwahaha freeloader alert!!*

b. To our other fashionable preggy bag hag mama DaphP, a quick holler and a hug out for her-- she is already 28 weeks on the way :D!!

By the way, ladies, if you want SUPER NICE (aka gorgeous) ONE-OF-A-KIND gold necklaces with antique charms, get in touch with DaphP. (photo credit: Metro Magazine April 2006 issue-- go get a copy at Filbar's if you missed this at the stands last month) They are investment pieces and worth passing onto the next gen. I'd forego a bag for one necklace-- it's worth every cent! Here was a photo with the ladies who dined last week :D FL carried her LV green epi noe (that color is beautiful!!!), MC had her Fendi monogram mini spy with cognac leather, and DaphP had her signature Goyard croisiere 35. And here was my bag sitting next to FL's green noe. :DP.P.P.S. Bag hag MG witnessed her bag reunion today *hehe this is too cute*-- Her mama papillon got reunited with her baby papillon :) *wink* It's soo cute. Girl, please send me the photo!! And have a safe trip to Cebu!!

P.P.P.P.S. And I promise this is my last P.S. for this post-- I decided to brush my Goyard bag with soap and water last night because I wore a cheap pair of jeans that bled onto the bag. I sorta freaked out when I saw that my yellow St. Louis PM (as if this was the biggest problem I had-- geez could I get any shallower?!) had some denim bloodstains, but thank goodness for plain ol' soap and water! The whole denim stain washed off. So, yet again, I have proven to myself that Goyard is a good brand. Although it may never reach Vuitton's popularity, the bags are good (well when I say the "bags" are good, I mean the ffg bags only: croisiere, fidji, st.louis pm. I wouldn't buy the other styles for femmes hehe. ) And thank goodness, my bag is once again, good as new :D

Nitey hags!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous patrickkk said...

good job washing the goyard mrs. t! now i'm really sure of getting a croisiere on my birthday :D which is 3 months from now :P

i want something the same size as my speedy 40... what size do you recommend mrs.t? definitely not the 35 because i think it's too small... :)

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, please post daphne's # or email so I may order.

avid reader,
loren

6:31 PM  
Anonymous victorianchic said...

Hi Mrs. T! Reading your blog surely keeps me updated on the hottest bags in town!:)

Anyway, I have some questions regarding LV... how do you keep your LV's in tip top shape? I got a Speedy last March and I'd like to keep it as clean and white/creamy as possible. Hehehe. The patina (?) of my Papilon is so dark na kasi and I would like to prevent my speedy from looking like that.

And one more thing, my mom gave me her "vintage" alma bag, any tips on how to make it appear cleaner? :)

Thanks and hope you can help!:)

9:03 PM  
Anonymous victorianchic said...

Hi Mrs. T! Reading your blog surely keeps me updated on the hottest bags in town!:)

Anyway, I have some questions regarding LV... how do you keep your LV's in tip top shape? I got a Speedy last March and I'd like to keep it as clean and white/creamy as possible. Hehehe. The patina (?) of my Papilon is so dark na kasi and I would like to prevent my speedy from looking like that.

And one more thing, my mom gave me her "vintage" alma bag, any tips on how to make it appear cleaner? :)

Thanks and hope you can help!:)

9:03 PM  
Blogger MRS. T said...

Loren: Thanks for reading the shallowhag's blog :) Daphne can be reached via email at daphneosena@yahoo.com You should get one of those necklaces. They are gorgeous! *HEART*

Patrickkk: babe, go with the croisiere 35 because the difference is not too noticeable :) The next croisiere size is a bit big already (overnighter size haha)

Victorianchic: Oh wow, congratulations on owning a new bag compliments of mom :) Regarding both bags' cowhide trims, I hate to burst your bubble about trying to keep in clean forever because, sigh it's not possible *boohoo!!* I know, I know. Trust me, I'd loove to keep my cowhide trimmed handles as creamy as possible too! I guess one tip is to make sure that you don't have dirty hands when handling the bag, and also keep the bag away from water-- i.e. dont sit the bag down on the sink counter when you are washing your hand (keep it far away) or there will be watermarks. Also I was told of APPLEGARD leather conditioner for the bag. I have honestly yet to use it, but people who have used it, have been raving about it!
APPLEGARD is available in the US (I havent seen them being sold in Asia-- ie HK or the Philippines).

Hope that helps :) Good luck and do care for the vintage alma. That's a real treasure you got there :)

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much :)- Loren

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home