Goes To Our Homepage
Macy's Promotional Banner 468x60

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Did I really insult that lady? + Designer Soiree sale

Dear Bag hags,

I'm so sleepy, but I have to write about this incident which happened today. So there was this lady who sent me a message regarding her interest with the X bag-- an in-demand brand of a bag which is already under Php 5,000. She asks me for discount for the bag because the bag needs refurbishing. I have noted in the site on that category that all prices are already final (but people sometimes fail to read that part-- either intentionally or unintentionally hehe). So, anyway I replied to her. "Hello, the X bag is final price as indicated-- it's practically a giveaway since refurbishing will only cost 3k. You end up with a newish X bag for under ten thousand. So cheap already to ask for discount haha. But sorry though, you late na eh, it got sold right away" Ok, so I hate Motorola Razr because they don't have that instant " Ü " happy face. So in lieu of that happy face, I use " haha". This woman took my text in a SERIOUSLY wrong way. Her reply went "You could have just answered queries without insulting possible clients". OUCH!! If she read my text this way, (or you, dear reader for that matter) would you have taken this text the wrong way?-- "Hello, the X bag is final price as indicated-- it's practically a giveaway since refurbishing will only cost 3k. You end up with a newish X bag for under ten thousand. So cheap already to ask for discount Ü But sorry though, you were late na eh, it got sold right away"

Ok, so here's the thing-- for as long as I can remember, I never, ever, ever insult anyone who has never wronged me or maligned me. I would never even dream of insulting people I don't know. So of course when I got her accusatory text, I replied IMMEDIATELY that my text was not meant to insult her, but to merely illustrate that what she is getting for the bag is already dirt cheap (as in, DIRT cheap for this brand *I do know many people will still find it hard to shell out this much cash for a bag, but this brand is possibly the most recognizable brand in the world. And well, the price I was selling it for, is already very cheap by market standards*-- in fact, even an Aussie baghag contacted me for this bag and I had told her the SAME thing, that it was so dirt cheap that it got sold right away. She didn't ask for a discount by the way). AND I apologized profusely for her thinking I had insulted her. Then of course, the trying hard hag in me had to call her FOUR TIMES to attempt to talk to her, on top of the SIX texts (super trying hard talaga) that I sent her to apologize and explain. Because honestly text message meanings sometimes can be easily misconstrued. But with explanation and a personal phone call, I was hoping it would get cleared.

But she didn't want to pick up the phone. Even after my profuse apologies. I don't understand human behavior. I had incidents in the past where I was wronged. And now I "wronged" someone. *Reality hit me hard. I feel terrible about it, because I was not brought up to say hurtful words to people who didn't do anything wrong*

Lesson learned. Albeit a pretty painful one-- I should answer my text messages more professionally instead of being all smiles and all that. No matter how hard you try, you can never please everyone. But if youknowwhoyouare is reading this, I hope you KNOW how genuinely sorry I am.

Hags, am I really a bad person by that text??? :(

Yours truly,

Surprised and upset bag hag

P.S. this just in-- Hot mama DP sent me this: Designers Soiree is pleased to invite you to its private sale May 6 (sat) 10am- 6pm where you will find summer frocks and one-of-a-kind collection by Marc Jacobs, Chloe, Marni, Miumiu, etc. at 3/F Hall B, One Roxas Triangle, Paseo de Roxas (beside Mandarin Hotel). So if you have deep pockets for these yummy designer frocks, go pay them a visit (meanwhile my wallet is on sabbatical! hehe)

2 Comments:

Blogger MPR said...

Probably she was in a bad/sad mood? I admire you for going out of your way to call her several times. She probably need time to heal...

MPR
SD, Calif.

4:44 PM  
Anonymous jd said...

oooh another handbag addict!!!!LOVE YOUR SITE, will be coming back for more....

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home