Goes To Our Homepage
Macy's Promotional Banner 468x60

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Scorching Metallics!!

The verdict is definitely in. Metallics will reign over bags this coming fall season. From Louis Vuitton's runway bags, right down to Fendi's own signature Spy (preorder at Neimanmarcus.com for US $2410), metallics are definitely gonna ride high on the bag heatwave *perfect to warm you up for fall/winter!* :)

Here are some metallics that are worth looking into:

Carlos Falchi Studded Leather Satchel
: US$425-- What a good deal! I love the large gathered, squished flap in front. The leather looks sooooo soft!! The antiqued golden studs add more character to this bag.

Marc Jacobs Cammie Bag
: US$795-- It's hard to go wrong with Marc Jacobs' bag. This gold quilted cammie is no exception. The chain shoulder strap is actually not as heavy as it looks, and again, I'm a sucker for pockets, so this bag earns high marks.

Bottega Veneta Metallic Chain Bag
: US$2690-- A tad too pricey for a pochette, but hey, we are talking Bottega here. The perforated leather is in keeping as well with this season's love affair with perforations (think MJ, LV, and Bottega's other bags). I do love the bag, although I doubt I'll have that much $$ to spend on a bag! :D

My two cents on this "trend" is, don't overuse your metallic bag if you do get one. I think it's different the way the leather on these bags get treated, hence the color doesn't stay as well as a regular colored leather bag. But sigh, I'm sure it'll be hard to resist not using say, your pewter Balenciaga bag again daily come Fall! :D

Night night!!! I honestly can't wait for the metallic bags to come trickling in!!