Goes To Our Homepage
Macy's Promotional Banner 468x60

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Designer Purgatory in Alabang

As I had mentioned in my earlier post, I was going to Alabang Town Center for my mini day trip to SSI's designer graveyard on Saturday. I brought my baby along for the ride, thinking it would be a nice departure from the usual city's malls which were almost always brimming with maddening crowds.
First shop on MY list (after my kid's candy corner of course *haha*) was of course, Designer's Blvd. The store which is originally situated beside Marks and Spencer's was closed due to renovation. Instead, they have moved much of their stuff to another store, Tutto Moda (TM) located right beside Make Room (around the old central plaza). Anyway, TM does not disappoint because this small store houses all these brands-- YSL, Gucci, Prada, Tods, Kate Spade (other brands like Ralph Lauren, Anne Klein, Springfield are also in-store). I love the fact that I was able to get some stuff for moi at a more affordable price :D Here it is, my loot! I bought a Gucci belt (they still have a pink and also a green one!!), and a pair of Kate Spade T- strap "flamingo" sandals! (Note though, most of the prices here would have just been ALMOST the same as that of when the stuff at SSI go on sale at their brands' boutiques). Nevertheless, it was still fun to look around. From Gucci: there was a small black monogram Bardot bag (photo credit lvprovence *I couldn't take the photo of the actual bag myself, this bag style in black monogram is what's on sale at TM) It costs 26k more or less, down from something like 45k. There was also a rectangular monogram tote in black with cowhide handles and a huge silver horsebit design in front (30k if I'm not mistaken-- from 58k). I also saw in the shop window, a red hobo with bamboo handles (didn't ask the price anymore). Other bags that I like but of course, could still not afford, were the Bottega Veneta magenta leather bags. They are sooo yummy (not intrecciato though) but even after the discount, I still could not afford it. Not for the month of March, and definitely not for this month! (I need to sell, sell, sell my old bags and it's just soooo hard to let go!! *bawl*) There were also some tiny satin Prada clutches that would make for perfect evening bags, a Tod's Miky maquillage bag (photo credit www.forzieri.com) in a salmon color (not really my color) , and more Gucci + Prada shoes that are sooo yummy if you can take wearing uber high heels. Sigh... TM was my version of designer heaven today and I would honestly not mind making the trek back there again soon. Sad thing though is, they never go lower than 45%- 50%! I wish they could do a Neiman Marcus percentage sale (up to 60%!!) *hehehe dream dream bag hags!!*

Yikes it's time for hubby time-- we have a date with Alias. You have to congratulate me. We are on our Second Season *hahaha* :D

xoxo and enjoy your Sunday!!