Goes To Our Homepage
Macy's Promotional Banner 468x60

Monday, February 27, 2006

Bag Review!

There's nothing more luxe than owning AND carrying a alligator- chinchilla clutch. Alexandra Knight (www.alexandraknight.com), famous for bringing on bags for the Oscar ladies on the red carpet, produced this ultra- luxe clutch. The chinchilla strap is detachable. I am soo bowled over with this bag. Someone please get me one!

The Dolce & Gabbana Miss Ruches small bag is so cute. At US $1395, this washed leather bag with ruffle trims would make you stand out in a crowd easily. The coin purse in front adds character to this bag as well as some function to it. I like the fact that I can put my car keys there so I don't have to dig through my bag for it when I need it. Sigh... If only I wear red again, I'd have grabbed this bag, fast! (www.saksfifthavenue.com)

Dior's gaucho bag (thanks to Bryanboy for bringing this up) has been on the lips of a handful of bag hags, but I have to say I'm not yet in love with this bag. I hope I don't do a Dior turnaround later on, the way I did a Fendi turnaround with the Spy. But I am still not persuaded into liking the bag. Perhaps that is also due in part to the fact that I am not into the Western thang. Yet. But this bag is definitely one that you should watch out for. At US $1395 (www.eluxury.com), who knows, this might be one of 2006's IT!

Oh my, I never thought I would end up liking Isabella Fiore, but this bag grabbed me. For US $725, this tan embroidered fabric hobo with brown leather trim combines my fave style with my fave color! Hobo with turquoise accents-- actually, lots of turquoise. The size is quite ideal too, at 16.5"H x 15"W x 4"D. This was actually a toss-up for me-- this bag, and the Little Miss Marc by Marc Jacobs bag that I had featured a while back. If I were paying for a bag that is made of fabric, I think I would spend my money more for details than for a silk-screened/ printed design (Marc bag). So this is clearly the winner for me. Very boho too! (www.neimanmarcus.com)

OOoohh in line with my previous obsession with that white Prada multipocket bag, I found this Chloe Betty Satchel to be just as satisfying to own. At US $1800 though, the bag isn't as cheap as I wished it were. I love the pockets, the color... and the clear and obvious fact that this bag was not gonna be anywhere as heavy as its sister, the Paddington! I can't possibly have another bag-- a white one at that. Sigh, but a bag hag can always ogle :D By the way, the Betty comes in different forms, but I find the satchel to be the best. (www.bergdorfgoodman.com)

The Botkier Bianca bag looks so much like a marriage of the YSL Muse and a generic multipocket style. Though this bag can't help but remind me of brasserie (hehe ok that doesn't really conjure up a positive image.. hehe), it's quite affordable at US $595. Oh and check out this dusty gold version of the same style! *heart heart* Both are available at the Bergdorf Goodman site.

Sigh, so many good bags to lust for. I don't know about you hags, but I have to work work work again or else no funds for a new bag! *bawl* Ok so I'm shallow. But you already knew that :)

Night hags!!! xoxo Dream and Dream big!!